Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 11 - The Internal Editor Rears its Ungly Head

Just spent the first session of the night outlining revisions for the beginning of the story. I fell victim to the Classic Blunder - Second Act Sag. Just over 500 words.

Vizzini: You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"

I also have to externalize elements of the story. It reads like a Mime Narrative. Yes, Show Don't Tell - be sure to show enough. I'm inured with the atmosphere of dread but time for gore drenched action. The audience is readers, not mind readers. The beginning, for me. has context from the previous novel - so I cheated the second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment